A Health Needs Assessment of Black and Minority Ethnic Children’s Needs
Funded by the Leeds Health Action Zone.
The aims of this initial study were:
- to carry out a health needs assessment of children and young people (0-19 years) from minority ethnic communities in Leeds, in order to provide an evidence base for future development and improvement of services
- to obtain a baseline profile of the health needs of ethnic minority children in Leeds, in order to ensure that the services planned for them in future are appropriate and culturally acceptable.
The key objectives in addressing these aims were to:
- report on the nature of the population of ethnic minority children in Leeds
- provide a review of literature and shared learning
- obtain the views of parents, children and concerned professionals
- obtain an overview of services for children
- establish key priorities for addressing unmet needs and service developments