Members of CDS provide a wide range of teaching and supervision within the University.
The Centre has a thriving international community of postgraduate research students and welcomes applications for supervision of doctoral projects addressing disability issues (contact us for details).
We offer two postgraduate programmes in the area of Disability Studies – both courses will allow you to explore issues relating to disability in-depth and from a social relational perspective:
- **NEW* Online MSc in Disability Studies, Rights and Inclusion will be launching soon with a start date of September 2023. The course will be delivered online, part-time, with options to register for a PG Certificate or PG Diploma. If you’d like to find out more, sign up now to receive the latest updates.
- **NEW** Master in Disability Studies. A ‘hybrid’ programme based at the University of Malta, co-taught by staff from CDS Leeds. 1 year in duration. With a joint qualification (from University of Malta and University of Leeds). Learn on campus at University of Malta, with online learning and Flying Faculty visits from CDS Leeds lecturing staff.
It is also possible to study elements of Disability Studies within the following course:
- LLM in International Human Rights Law which includes disability rights (School of Law)
Disability studies feature as options within a range of degree programmes at Leeds, for example in the following modules:
- LAW3055 Disability Law
- LSP3120 Disability Rights and the International Policy Context
- SLSP2040 Disability Studies: An Introduction
- HECS1113 Disability, Inclusion & the Life Course
- LLLC1417 Inclusion and Special Educational Needs and Disability
- EDUC2401 Inclusive Education
- ENGL3384 ExtraOrdinary Bodies: Disability, Medicine and Normalcy in Contemporary Literatures
- ENGL3398 Medical Humanities: Representing Illness, Disability, and Care
- ENGL3439 States of Mind: Disability, Cognitive Impairment and Mental Health in Contemporary Culture